Every year Bob Parks Realty, LLC of middle Tennessee hosts "Christmas for the Children." Children identified by school counselors as needing some extra attention during the holidays are invited because otherwise many would not have Christmas at all. The Smyrna office has been unable to meet its fundraising goal in 2006, so Christmas may be cancelled. As a result, bloggers throughout the world are stepping up to help. Read all about it here and how you can help.
Friday, October 27, 2006
The "Skate for the Children" event last night at the Smyrna Skate Center was fantastic! We had a good turnout, a little low because of the heavy rain but good nonetheless. The silent auction was completed, the lady from Arbonne was wonderful, and the Pampered Chef room was fun too! I will be posting a link later if you're interested in ordering Pampered Chef as that representative has agreed to keep the sale open until Sunday and you can order online!

We raised $230 last night!!! In all, I'd say this blog and the blogging community have brought about $600-700 to this great cause. Obviously we still have a long way to go, but I want to extend my thanks to each of you for everything you've done.

Mark told about one lady we talked with last night, and I want to also share it. One of the people skating came in to the silent auction room and was able to buy a couple of the items. When she paid, she gave us an extra donation and said, "I was in a really bad place last year, and because of Christmas for the Children, my kids had Christmas." She went on to say that she was proud to be able to help this year now that she's back on stable financial ground. That, my friends, is what it's all about.

Thank you.
 
wrapped by Kathy T. at 8:54 AM |


2 Gifts under the tree:


At 7:58 PM, Blogger View From The Lake

That's awesome.

 

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

I tried to comment a minute ago but I don't think it went through. Hi, I am a new Arbonne consultant and I wanted to offer you a 35% discount on your first order. If not, I am also a fellow blogger and I have a family website! My arbonne site is http://arbonnewithvirginia.blogspot.com or my family website it http://amazingsix.blogspot.com

:) Take care!